There has been good announcements this week.
Open Stack allows us to create cloud inside the corporate walls using solid foundations of standards setup world wide with collaboration of many good companies.
Now Mirantis has announced a project which allows you to provision Hadoop based clusters easily within organization. IT uses Ambari as its background engine to do all this magic.
Quoting some of the information and architecture at official website.
Read more at
Summary of above components
The Savanna product communicates with the following OpenStack components:
- Horizon - provides GUI with ability to use all of Savanna’s features;
- Keystone - authenticates users and provides security token that is used to work with the OpenStack, hence limiting user abilities in Savanna to his OpenStack privileges;
- Nova - is used to provision VMs for Hadoop Cluster;
- Glance - Hadoop VM images are stored there, each image containing an installed OS and Hadoop; the pre-installed Hadoop should give us good handicap on node start-up;
- Swift - can be used as a storage for data that will be processed by Hadoop jobs.
The main advantages include
- You can choose which Hadoop version to run
- Run everything against existing infrastructure
- fast provisioning of Hadoop clusters on OpenStack for Dev and QA;
- utilization of unused compute power from general purpose OpenStack IaaS cloud;
Read the link above for awesome details.
Thanks for reading.
Please leave your comments below , or connect with me via Linkedin.