Liferay has one portlet which supports Jasper Reports , but that is not free. It is available only for EE edition people.
Luckily we have one portlet which is free and is based on Jasper reports
I have used it on Tomcat based liferay installation.
Some of the steps and things you need to do
* You need PostgreSQL database , it doenst not work with MySQL. The Postgre SQL based database if used to store internal details which are required for this portlet to work. So dont worry if your liferay install is MySQL or any other it can be used freely.
* Install Postgre and create one database which can be used by aperte-reports portlet
Configure JDBC datasource in tomcat
* In your tomcat context , (generally inside ROOT.xml ) add the following information
<Resource name="jdbc/aperte-reports" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/aperteDb" username="postgres" password="root" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1"/>
aperteDb is database which i created in Postgre for this portlet
* Download the war file of aperte-reports portlet and deploy it
* Download extra jars from
to tomcat lib/ext folder
* Download Vaadin jar from its website
Also download 3 jars of
- MaskedTextField v0.1.1
- ActiveLink v1.0
- CKEditor wrapper for Vaadin v1.0
Restart the tomcat and after your portlet deployment is done , you can go to Aperte Reports manager to import jmxml file of ireports into Liferay to create reports and charts